Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sisters...

When I was young, I used to sing a song called "Sisters" from the movie White Christmas.
I always dreamed of having a sister...
a lot of very good girlfriends filled that role in my life.
But some of the lyrics of this song are so fitting for the sister missionaries...

"Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters..."

"never had to have a chaperone, NO SIR, I'm there to keep my eye on her!"

Caring...sharing...
The sister missionaries amaze me.  They are here not out of duty, but out of love and desire.
They are here in spite of physical challenges that many have.
They are the pure love of Christ and share that with everyone!

It was hard to say good bye to these 5 sisters...
Hermanas Valencia, Sanchez, Talquenca, Lopez, and Rojas.

Our June group of missionaries finishing their missions
included Elder Asmat and Elder Franco as well.

Well done my good and faithful servants!!

No comments: