Monday, April 29, 2013

A Special Witness...

The city of Cali was blessed this past weekend with a special visitor.
Elder David A. Bednar, an apostle and special witness of Jesus Christ,
came to speak to our missionaries and the members of Cali.

He was accompanied by (left to right) 
Elder Craig C. Christensen, 1st Quorum of the Seventy,
Elder Abraham Querro, Area Seventy, 
Elder Hernando Camargo, Area Seventy, 
and 
Elder Rafael Pino, 1st Quorum of the Seventy and President of the South America Northwest Area.

Words are not adequate to describe the gentle kindness, 
powerful teachings, loving acceptance, and the tangible spirit
that were felt in our hearts and lives from this visit.


Although I have felt quite alone and removed here in this corner of the world,
I felt SO grateful for their reassurance and love that we are not forgotten.

Colombia Cali Mission - April 27, 2013
Special Visit from Elder David A Bednar and his wife Susan
While the brethren were in attendance at a special Priesthood Leadership Training meeting for the Cali and Medellin coordinating councils,
I had the opportunity to be with these lovely women in 2 Auxiliary Training meeings -
one for the Primary and Young women leaders and one for the Relief Society leaders.
from left to right
Sister Wakefield (Bogota Temle Matron), Sister Pitarch (Medellin Mission), 
Sister Christensen, Sister Bednar, Sister Pino, and myself

Seeing how we were the hosting mission, I was in charge of both lunch and dinner.
I felt like I was balancing a fine line between being both Martha and Mary this day...wanting to sit and listen to an Apostle and hoping the kitchen was ready and prepared.  Thanks to Ana and Maria everything was perfect and arrived on time.

Words can not express my love for these wonderful women.
They have to understand the vision I have in my head and make it happen.
They arrived early to help me chop and plan.  They shuttled food from home to chapel, back home and then to a different chapel for the dinner.  They cleaned, washed, and organized so that when I arrived shortly before 10pm I wouldn't have to do it.  
They put up with my "gringo" ways and my recipes that I adapt to Colombia.
They are angels with capable hands and willing hearts.



We were well fed spiritually 
and the food to eat turned out okay, too!

1 comment:

aubreyq said...

It sounds like an amazing weekend! I'm glad you were able to enjoy it, and that you have such excellent helpers in Colombia. You look beautiful!