Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Welcome, welcome..

Welcome to the Best Mission in the World!!!

Sister Hernandez and Elder Diaz

We welcomed 2 new missionaries this month
Few but powerful...both are from Colombia, and excited to be teaching in their beloved country.

A quick story about Hermana Hernandez:
(and by the way...we now have 3 Hermana Hernandez')

This darling sister missionary is from Cali.
When she received her mission call and opened it, 
the Bishop called President Prince and said, "I think there has been a mistake in the mission call of one of my members.  She was just called to the Cali Colombia Mission...she IS from Cali."

President Prince said he would call the mission department and see if they had any information.  He talked to a member of the missionary department who had been in the room when the Apostle assigned Lina Maria Hernandez to the Colombia Cali Mission.

He said, "I was in the room when that call was made.  I stopped the Apostle making the assignment and said, 'I think there has been a mistake.  This sister IS from Cali and you just assigned her to the Cali Colombia Mission.' 
 (lesson #1  Apostles don't make mistakes!)

The apostle in charge said,
"I know.  The mission is big enough and there are people there waiting just for her to teach them.  She has been called to the Colombia Cali Mission."
(lesson #2  I'll go where you want me to go!)

We are HAPPY to have these 2 new missionaries!



No comments: