Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year...

 I am debating on what the true title of this post should be
The Long Journey - we all have one
or
Sunrise, Sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears!

This has truly been a long journey laden with happiness and tears

Each year I look forward to opening a clean fresh calendar.
I begin by putting in all the birthdays of family and dear friends.
I then put on the commitments we have already made 
and 
from there I dream about the things that will fill those vacant days ahead.

This is what I met when opening my 2014 calendar
VACANT DAYS?
there are a few...enough to write talks, shop, and get ready for the other days.

Often we forget that the journey is really where the learning takes place
2013 was a good year
We learned more about ourselves.
We were tutored by Heavenly Father - learning again that HE is in charge.
We made new friendships.
Our faith was strengthened.
We watched lives change.
We laughed and we cried.
We saw our family grow and receive blessings.

We are on the home stretch and can feel the pull of giving our all on the last mile.

 May 2014 be the gift you have been waiting for...
 Happy New Year from our wonderful 
Colombia Cali Mission Office crew!






1 comment:

Rollercoasters said...

As always Joni, I love catching up and reading your blog! Thank you for your beautiful example of service and especially your sweet friendship! <3